NEW Summer Educational Enrichment Programs begin JUNE 15
Enrollment is limited - Register today!
Upper School Academic Classes
new academic classes have been added for students entering grades 8 - 12.
- Basic Research Methods is a two-week class that introduces students to various methods for conducting meaningful inquiry and research skills that can be directly applied across the curriculum to coursework and daily life.
- Forensic Science is a six-week class that will explore the scientific and technological aspects of criminal investigations. This course will integrate chemistry, physics, and the biochemistry of forensic science. Students will earn 0.5 science credit.
Personalized Learning Paths Program
Carrollwood Day School’s NEW Summer Personalized Learning Paths Program offers a customized academic program for a limited number of students entering grades 1 – 12. This program is designed to give students get a head start for fall with a unique mastery-learning summer experience. This innovative program will allow mixed-age cohorts to meet in a small group setting with two CDS faculty members, specializing in Language Arts and Math.
CDS Summer Personalized Learning Paths Program is for students looking to leap ahead and meet academic challenges as well as for those who want to strengthen their current skills. After a day of diagnostic testing in language arts and math, each student will be provided with an individualized learning plan that builds on each student’s identified areas of strength and addresses any areas of challenge.
The Monday through Thursday in-person instruction will be supplemented by one-on-one and small group virtual check-ins on Fridays. At the end of each week parents will receive a progress report.
Two teachers will be assigned to each age grouping, aligned with rising grades:
- Rising 1st - 3rd: Mrs. Dellaportas & Mrs. Vargo
- Rising 3rd - 5th: Mrs. Earle & Mrs. Monty
- Rising 6th - 8th: Mrs. Patel, Mrs. Frankel, & Mrs. Alpert
- Rising 9th - 12th: Ms. Glover & Ms. Melton
The student-teacher ratio for this program will not exceed 10:1. Enrollment will not exceed 20 students per age group.
CDS will be careful to maintain strict hygiene and social distancing protocols as recommended by state and federal agencies. It is strongly suggested that all students bring personal face coverings for daily use. Enrollment will be strictly limited to conform with social distancing guidelines, so please be sure to register as soon as possible.
All students, including currently enrolled CDS students, are required to turn in a completed Temperature Check Consent Form, Consent, Authorization & Release Form, and a COVID-19 Exposure Questionnaire on the first day of camp.
After May 18, 50% of the full payment will be refunded, only if CDS is notified in writing 10 days prior to the start of camp.