NEW Summer Educational Enrichment Programs begin JUNE 1
Enrollment is limited - Register today!
Upper School Academic Class
- Forensic Science is a six-week class that will explore the scientific and technological aspects of criminal investigations. This course will integrate chemistry, physics, and the biochemistry of forensic science. Students will earn 0.5 science credit.
Personalized Learning Paths Program
Carrollwood Day School’s Summer Personalized Learning Paths Program offers a customized academic program for a limited number of students entering grades 1 – 10. This program is designed to give students get a head start for fall with a unique mastery-learning summer experience. This innovative program allows mixed-age cohorts to meet in a small group setting with a CDS faculty member.
CDS Summer Personalized Learning Paths Program is for students looking to leap ahead and meet academic challenges as well as for those who want to strengthen their current skills. After a day of diagnostic testing in language arts and math, each student will be provided with an individualized learning plan that builds on each student’s identified areas of strength and addresses any areas of challenge.
The Monday through Thursday in-person instruction will be supplemented by one-on-one and small group virtual check-ins on Fridays. At the end of each week parents will receive a progress report.
Two teachers will be assigned to each age grouping, aligned with rising grades:
- Rising 1st - 3rd: Mrs. Vargo
- Rising 4th - 5th: Mrs. Monty
- Rising 6th - 8th: Mrs. Patel
- Rising 9th - 10th: Ms. Melton
The student-teacher ratio for this program will not exceed 15:1.
CDS will be careful to maintain strict hygiene and social distancing protocols as recommended by state and federal agencies. All students will be required to bring and wear a face mask. Enrollment will be strictly limited to conform with social distancing guidelines, so please be sure to register as soon as possible.
All students, including currently enrolled CDS students, are required to turn in a completed Consent, Authorization & Release Form on the first day of camp.
- Prior to May 17, 2021, full refunds are available. After May 17, 2021, 50% of the full payment will be refunded, only if CDS is notified in writing 10 days prior to the start of camp.
- Parents will receive a full refund for any camp that is canceled by CDS or the instructor.